Poetry performed by Julian Ford
Poetry #6 by Xzaviar Allen
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poetry collection?
The theme of my poems was sexual intercourse. A vulgar/inappropriate subject maybe, but the inspiration behind the pieces drove me to write in such a way.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I’m not sure how people will react to these particular poems; people usually like them, but it depends on who’s reading.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I wrote my first poem in the fifth grade. Ive been hooked ever since.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
My favorite poets are modern-age poets. J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Jay Z, Kanye West, etc. Hip Hop is a form of poetry; I write my “poems” as though they were song lyrics.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I found out about WILDsound kind of randomly; I thought it couldn’t hurt to submit my work to somebody. Maybe they’ll like it!
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I wrote a short story in college for a class project; I wouldn’t mind writing a script though. I guess it depends on what mood I’m in and what inspiration I have at the moment.
7) What is your passion in life?
My true passions in life are poetry and music; even so, I am skilled in other areas. I currently serve my country as a soldier in the United States Army.
Producer/Director: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Editor: John Johnson
Casting: Sean Ballantyne