Poem performed by Val Cole
POETRY 7 questions:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The injustice that are going on in the black community
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
Watching the nightly news and seeing not just black lives but those who seem to not have a voice; and the many innocent lives taken by the hands of the police and nothing bening done in the majority of the cases
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing for about 12 years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I wanted to see how it sounded being read by someone else.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, I do. Many of my other poems are spiritually based works.
7) What is your passion in life?
Teaching students with disabilities. I’m a Special Education Teacher.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Operator: Mary Cox