Performed by Geoff Mays
POETRY 7 questions:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
It’s a look at unconditional love, and whether that truly exists.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I like humorous poems with a twist at the end. This time, the twist even surprised me. It came from nowhere, a sharp shift to the theme, but far superior, I thought.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
Since grade school, but only seriously for about five years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
I’d choose someone alive. Eating with a dead person would put me off my food. Oh wait, you said “who” not “which.”
Seriously, I think I’d like to eat with one of the oldest people in the world. Just so I can hear memories of times on the verge of being lost forever, and hope to preserve them in some small way.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I wanted a fresh take on my work and I know how important it is for all manner of artists to help and support each other.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Oh yes. I write short stories, flash fiction, I write for games and occasionally blog.
7) What is your passion in life?
Imagination. I saw “The Muppet Movie” as a child and, ever since, I’ve wanted to be a lover and a dreamer rolled up into one “me.”