Performed by Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme is pain through the night.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I had lost my little sister her lungs collapsed and i was really depressed so the poem really expressed my pain.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing poetry since the 3rd grade when I learned what an Haiku was haha.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
If I could have dinner with one person it would have to be Maya Angelou she’s my inspiration.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
It was a leap of faith and dedication to show myself that my work could actually go somewhere.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, I write short stories, scripts, life hacks, etc.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion is to become a positive influence to young artists no matter what their form of art is.