Performed by Katelyn Varadi
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
A melancholy and symbolic laurel portraying the analogy of a relationship that will be crumbling with the cracks in the sidewalk and diminishing with the flattening of the hill.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
Unlike personal motivation for much of my lyrics, this creatively came to me, and I was drawn by its double meaning, as a way to bring a meaningful impact.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing poetry since I was in grade school…for sixty years.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
That person would be Joni Mitchell, as her lyrics and music always inspired me.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I’m an actor and a voiceover artist, and I knew that having my work vocally performed in a professional presentation would give it a special asset.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes! I’m an author of two biographies, two children’s books, several short stories and articles, a film treatment and script, many poems and award winning songs.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion in life is to live to the fullest, exploring and fulfilling my dreams and tapping into and sharing my God given gifts of writing and composing! My natural living and creative expression has given me tremendous fulfillment in dealing with the celebrations and the hardships in life.