Performed by Katelyn Varadi
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Curse Coffee Cups is a patchwork of memorable lines of poetry that run through my head.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
It expresses frustration at trying to come up with something original with a head stuffed with other poets’ work.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I was a (very) occasional poet until two years ago when I began to publish regularly on Wattpad. I have been blogging on my own site literally a couple of months.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
That’s difficult but I’m a huge admirer of Wendy Cope’s work and would love to meet her.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Rhythm and the sound of words is critical to the way I write. My poetry is written to be read out loud though I seldom get the opportunity.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I occasionally write non fiction but poetry is my preference. My first, self published book, Margaret’s Story, was a little out of the ordinary though – a biography of my mother in verse.
7) What is your passion in life?
I have many and varied passions; my wife, children and grandchildren, writing, running (though I’m in my sixties and a bit slower than I once was), growing fruit and veg for the table, travel, we particularly love India, and Harlequins Rugby Club.