Performed by Carina Cojeen
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
ANSWER: The power of love in a dramatic setting.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
ANSWER: I always wanted to know what might have happened next in the original poem. In the end I decided to write my poem in a ghostly, yet intriguing way with a new point of view.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
ANSWER: About 14 years but from a very slow start.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would
ANSWER: The late Dr Douglas Baker because he impressed me with his attitude to living and all the medical work he did..
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a
ANSWER: The invitation to submit and then when I saw the chance of having my poem read by an actor I was thrilled enough to grasp the opportunity.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
ANSWER: Yes.I’ve always considered myself a writer of short stories, flash fiction ,essays and articles. I do have a MG novel(WIP)called ‘Skull Drum’ and a short audio book.
7) What is your passion in life?
ANSWER: I want to publish my novel and a long ballad as a tribute to the many interesting people I’ve met and who have helped me.In particular my late son Michael who was my rock and such a generous person in all he did.