Performed by Carina Cojeen
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
To stand alone against all odds is courage, we all fight our own battles, some with health, some in the mind, some with fate, and we generally all feel as if we fight these battles alone.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I am disabled after an accident and a stroke, I am fighting back and whilst I know there are many that are helping me, it feels like an uphill struggle that saps my strength and I need to remind myself it is not just my courage that will see me through but that of those around me helping me too.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
For myself, since the early 80’s it has been my creative release.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Hans Christian Andersen
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
As a person with disabilities, I understand the importance of access for all, people who are sight impaired, dyslexic, or unable to read can still and should still enjoy access to poetry.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, I have 11 published books, some novels, some historical and some on Metaphysics, I am also compiling a book of Poetry at the moment with each poem associated with an original piece of Art by me Oil on Canvas. I have seven scripts for features and TV dramatic episodic which is under option.
7) What is your passion in life?
To write and to learn.