Watch BULLIED Poetry Reading:
Get to know poet Angela Cohan:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of my poem is bringing awareness to the plight of children as well as the adults who have been bullied.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I’d like the message of the poem to resonate for the audience – for them to empathize and to understand that bullying is demeaning and wrong.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry for ten years.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I love the poetry of Robert Frost and Ralph W. Emerson, among many others.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Emails from the WILDsound festival inviting me to submit my work and to have it performed by a professional actor.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have written both fiction and non-fiction as well as several short stories.
7) What is your passion in life?
I’m passionate about writing, dancing and appreciating the beauty of nature.