Watch Journey from Hell to Eden
Get to know poet Colin Guest:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme is about love arising from a desperate situation.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I would like them to realise that everyone is not as lucky as they are, but life is full of surprises
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I started writing poems back in 1985 while feeling loney working overseas.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
No, sorry to say.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I have submitted other works to Wildsound with part of a chapter from my memoir, Follow in the Tigerman’s Footsteps read out last year.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Yes, apart from my memoir I have had An Expat’s Experiences of Living in Turkey published as an ebook. I have also had over 12 articles of mine published in online magazines. One of my poems ended in the last five of a competion, with several published in FanStory.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion at present is to have my memoir used as the basis for a television series. Voyage media company have made an adaptation of it, with my assisting in getting a Treatment prepared ready to be offered to producers to see if they are interested in making an offer to use it for a television series.