Watch the Poetry Reading DISGRACE:
Performed by Becky Shrimpton
Get to know poet Jasmine Fredericks:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Passivity, War and Destruction.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
To feel that they can do more than just watch television and be passive to the world around them.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
For about three years
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I’ve had a good response from my poem and want to share it with others, getting it performed by a professional actor would make it more accessible for people.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I’ve written short stories in the past but find poetry easy as it help me to communicate my thoughts and ideas better.
7) What is your passion in life?
Writing, performing, exploring life.
Trying to understand people.