Watch the June 2016 Poetry Reading.
If I Was President by Molimau Fatu
Performed by Geoff Mays
Get to know the poet:
7 questions with the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme of my poem is to show how this country has fallen so low that all the candidates that they throw at us aren’t even worth voting for; despite people now waking up to this corrupt fallen system. I just wanted to put my stamp on that with imaging myself as president.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I just want the people to experience my poetry as they watch me perform it and read it. I just want to inspire the people with my poetry.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry since the 6th grade. I used it to flirt with girls while I was in middle school.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
My favorite poet is Langston Hughes. He was one of my influences of me becoming a poet.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
What influenced me to submit my poetry to Wildsound is because I wanted more people to read and listen to my poetry.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I write poems. I am also trying to write my first novel and to get my poetry book published.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion in life is to be a great person within the Heavenly Father to guide and inspire the youth to be great and humble.