Performed by Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
It is a poem from a mother to her children after losing custody of them due to her addiction and mental breakdown. The guilt, shame, and remorse of her decision to leave them in someone else’s care in hopes that they would live a life she could not afford to give them.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
Let’s just say, “personal experience.” Along with a neverending desire and need to apologize for this choice.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
As long as I can remember, but I have just begun to share my talent with the general public. As a matter of fact, my first Anthology of Poems has just been released on Kindle. A collection titled, “The Fractured Ego.”
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
With a doubt, I would need to say, my Mother!
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Many reasons, but to hear my words expressed by another is a thrill and I couldn’t be happier to share my thoughts and works. I am curious to see how the actor has interpreted my writing. This has been very exciting. Thank you.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I currently have two other publications. I have a short story on Kindle titled, “The Menacing House” and a suspense mystery novel, titled “Cycles of Time – Revenge is Mine.” And as I stated above, I have a newly released anthology of poems, “The Fractured Ego.”
7) What is your passion in life?
My life’s passion is to keep it simple, enjoy life, continue healing, and to just be internally happy!