Performed by Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Theme: About an old Fisherman making his final fishing trip.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
Motivation: My father was a fisherman for 40 + years in Ireland living by a fishing village. In summer months I went on the boat with him in my childhood. The poem is a reflection of part of my childhood spent fishing.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I dabbled in my early 20s with poetry. Started writing again seriously about 10 years ago.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
The Dali Lama, to see what words of wisdom he can give me. How can I motivate myself to become a better person. To discuss with him his views on modern
society‘s relationship with technology & religion. Basically to be inspired by his presence.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Why not! How often do you get an opportunity like this? It’s fun it’s a visual and vocal interpretation of a written piece of art. Make it come alive! Reach out to a wider audience.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Sports writing mainly football. Satire writing occasionally. Used to be a journalist writing about Health and Social Affairs.
7) What is your passion in life?
Emotional awareness of your surroundings. Appreciation of nature and art which inspires writing. The power of knowledge makes a mind stronger every day. Listen to your intuition. Acknowledge that you’re learning about life every day till the day you die.