Performed by Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Get to know the poet:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
They say that what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger, but what about the pieces, the scars left behind? What about the harsh memories that chase you when you try to sleep at night or the absence of time that you need to heal, and do we fully heal? Or are we just damaged beyond repair, wanting to be fixed, but knowing that we can’t be, no matter how hard we might try, but we still try, which inspired me to write this poem.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
“If You Could Fix Me” was written years ago during a time when I tried to pull myself back together again. All I could see were the scars, wondering if they would ever go away, and if the damage could be fixed. The poem was originally longer and more raw, but I revised it and cut it down. And then I added it to my book of poems called, “Fragments of Yesterdays Past.”
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I have been writing poetry since maybe eighth grade. I used to write a lot of poetry, but these days, I write more short stories.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
WildSound has always delivered on their performances, giving voice to my words.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I have been writing a lot of short stories recently, and some of my stories have been published by Sirens Call Publications and Dark Helix Press.
7) What is your passion in life?
Writing first, Photography second.