Watch the Poetry Reading of FLAME
Get to know poet Carolyn Hucker:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
Desire and being taken out of reality by that desire. Being utterly at one your lover.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I would like them to have for a moment that feeling of being completely lost in someone else – that feeling where two souls become one, out of time and place.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
A few years
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
Not specifically, but I love Wilfred Owen, Hugh McDiarmid, W.B.Yeats, Coleridge and a wonderful local poet, Liz Berry who writes evocative, beautiful poetry about the Black Country, where I live at the moment.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I have been writing bits of poetry for a few years but only for my own pleasure (or maybe as therapy). I have never had anything published. I thought it would be nice to see what other people thought of some of the things I do, positive or negative – it’s all feedback.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Sometimes – I am an inveterate scribbler. Bits of poems and stories pop up all the time and just tend to get scribbled down.
7) What is your passion in life?
Generally being creative – I write, sing, make jewellery, paint a little and play ukulele.