Watch TOOTH AND NAIL Poetry Reading. Performed by actor Val Cole:
Get to know the poet Dudley Clarence Sturgis IV:
1) What is the theme of your poem?
The theme is determination.
2) How would you like people to respond when they read or watch your poetry reading?
I want people to feel determined. They may face a dragon, but they already wield Excalibur. We all have the power to overcome our obstacles.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing since I first learned how to put pencil to paper – or rather, crayon. Art has always been my passion. Writing, drawing, painting – I do it all.
4) Do you have a favorite poet?
I know it may be cliche, but I’ve always adored Edgar Allan Poe.
5) What influenced you to submit to WILDsound and have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I’ve written quite a lot of poems. Some of those I’ve turned into songs or spoken word pieces. I’ve never really been a fan of my own voice, however. This was perfect for me.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I’m a self-published fantasy novelist. Art is an addiction for me. I can’t really stop.
7) What is your passion in life?
Passion in itself is my passion. I have it for a number of things – art being only just one. Nature is my inspiration. Love and spirituality go hand-in-hand and this journey of mine is just one of many more on this beautiful planet. Everyone has a story. And I want to read as many as I can – while writing my own.
- * * * * *
Deadline: FREE POETRY Festival – Get your poem made into a MOVIE and seen by 1000s. Three options to submit:
Watch Poetry performance readings:
Watch Poetry made into Movies: